We tackled 18 months in India and now after surviving "Life on the Other Side" we have relocated to Germany for a more civilized approach at married life. We don't know where the wind will take us, but we know we have each other and another wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore new cities.
Search the Web
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
12 Mile Hike
I read two emails from good friends this morning that talked about their current workouts. I decided to use the emails as motivation and go for a nice run. The hotel is near the forest and has several nature trails. So, I set out at 10:15 am on trail number 2. I was running along and really feeling great about the fact that I was actually running and enjoying the beautiful view. About 40 minutes into the run I realized that I hadn't seen a #2 placard in quite some time, but I figured I would just stick to the trail I was on and go from there. Sure enough, I must have missed the turn because I ended up in the town of Damme, where Ben was working, about 6 km from the hotel. Not a problem as we were there last night and I knew how to get back to the hotel via the main road. I walked 5.4 km from Damme towards Steinfeld before turning onto the road to our hotel. Two and half hours later I was back at the hotel with approximentally 8 miles of running/walking under my belt. It wasn't more than 2 hours later when I realized how hungry I was and how I had nothing to eat in the room. So, I decided since I have already went 8 miles today why not walk 3 km/2 miles to Steinfeld for food? 30 minutes later I was in the small town of Steinfeld where I was able to locate a hamburger and pommes. MMM! I walked home and proceeded to lay down for 30 minutes to recooperate from my 3 hour workout. I didn't get any online research done, no reading, and no swim in today, but I really saw the countryside! Thank you to the farmer who was spreading liquid manure next to the walking path, I really enjoyed the smell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment