BIBLE STUDY-Yesterday turned out to be an absolutely fantastic day. I attended my first Bible study through my expat group. It turned out there were woman from South Africa, Japan, England, Germany, and then of course...Shirley from Minnesota all in one room. HA! Small world! An absolutely brilliant group of Christian woman who get together every Thursday afternoon from 2-4 pm for bible study, coffee, and a snack. It was really a breath of fresh air for me. I'm starting to slowly find my place in this new world. I walked in still feeling a bit down with lots of sad thoughts still in my head from earlier in the week, however after listening to their problems I was reminded I'm fine. We are doing just great!
BOWLING-
Last night I'm proud to say that after 3 weeks of getting together weekly to bowl we have now expanded to 2 lanes. We had 11 people at bowling expat group last night and really had a good time playing boys against girls.
BRUISES-
Just to make sure people keep coming back each week I decided to throw in some additional entertainment by completely wiping out. My foot went over the line and I hit the chicken grease that they must use on their bowling alley lanes and my feet went in the air quickly. Thankfully I just walked away to a few good laughs. It was simply a publicity stunt planned by Ben and I to keep people entertained from week to week.
Everyone here agrees that there are good days and bad days, but in the end the good days outweigh the bad. In just 5 weeks we have met so many wonderful people to be thankful for having in our lives. Socializing has never been more important than it is here in India. Getting together with others who are in a similar situation always provides a good laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment