My life is now almost complete as last night I witnessed how an Indian cuts up a chicken. In the traditional and very popular squatting position the men sit with a tree stump in front of them. They hold the fresh chicken between their feet and stick the knife between their toes. I really apologize I do not have a picture of this very "Emerald" cooking style, but I didn't have my camera with me. Keep your eyes peeled for future pictures and then maybe I can get the inside scoop as to why they don't just hold it with their hands to cut it up. Maybe it cuts down on carpel tunnel? This could be a new movement in the U.S.!
Ben's life is also now almost complete as yesterday he saw his first Indian elephant. Once again no pictures to share as he wasn't fast enough with his camera, however someday we will surprise you with pictures. I guess just down the street from where he works there was a man riding an elephant along the road. A completely random moment in Gurgaon, India but not out of the question considering the terrain.
Two life changing events in one day...what's next you ask? Well, next weekend we are headed to a camel fair. 150,000 camels being traded and Ben has already dubbed it "The South Dakota State Fair."
No comments:
Post a Comment