Search the Web

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Arun's Getting Married!

Yesterday we learned some very exciting news. Our driver Arun is getting married. He doesn't know when or to who, but he is getting married in 2010. I guess it is down to two lucky ladies and it will be either March or April. He has been on the phone non stop talking to family as they are in negotiations with the girl's families. I guess he has atleast met both woman, but the one he likes his family doesn't. A very exciting year ahead for him! He is a really nice guy who spends all his free time with family. We even got to meet his nephew one weekend.

The Sunday paper is really fun to read as there are about 5 pages of Matrimonials. People trying to marry off their son or daughter. Each of the descriptions describes the children as good looking, well educated, and from a good family. Status and class is everything here as you have to stick to your social group. I love and trust my parents, but I can not imagine letting them pick my husband. Good thing I found Ben on my own in Cincinnati.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing a little background on marriage in India. Give Arun our best wishes!

    ReplyDelete