The Keltgen Seed Company gave away coffee mugs, caps, knives, and everything else farm related when I was a kid. We usually put these freebies in the camping box or sent them out to the field with the men. There was a man named Myron Keltgen who sold the seed to my dad to plant in the field. I don't believe the Keltgen Seed Company is around anymore, but it's presence is felt in India. When I was packing my bags to move to India I tried to think of practical things that would come in handy and be very useful. One of the things that I thought of was a sharp paring knife as everyone needs one. So I packed my trusty Keltgen Seed Company knife that is probably 20 years old. Well, it was a brilliant idea to pack it because knives in India that are sharp are few and far between. A 95% vegetarian area doesn't need sharp knives to cut meat. Friends who have bought knives here have been very disappointed, so I feel as though I made the right decision. The Keltgen Seed Company knife does it all for us, cutting watermelon, bread, meat, veggies, and opening packages. When it starts to dull I use the side of my granite counter top and sharpen it up. Next year when we pack up to leave the knife blade will probably be worn off, but the Keltgen Seed Company symbol on the side will not. It makes me think of the saying "Legends Never Die."
We tackled 18 months in India and now after surviving "Life on the Other Side" we have relocated to Germany for a more civilized approach at married life. We don't know where the wind will take us, but we know we have each other and another wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore new cities.
Search the Web
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Keltgen Seed Company Knife
The Keltgen Seed Company gave away coffee mugs, caps, knives, and everything else farm related when I was a kid. We usually put these freebies in the camping box or sent them out to the field with the men. There was a man named Myron Keltgen who sold the seed to my dad to plant in the field. I don't believe the Keltgen Seed Company is around anymore, but it's presence is felt in India. When I was packing my bags to move to India I tried to think of practical things that would come in handy and be very useful. One of the things that I thought of was a sharp paring knife as everyone needs one. So I packed my trusty Keltgen Seed Company knife that is probably 20 years old. Well, it was a brilliant idea to pack it because knives in India that are sharp are few and far between. A 95% vegetarian area doesn't need sharp knives to cut meat. Friends who have bought knives here have been very disappointed, so I feel as though I made the right decision. The Keltgen Seed Company knife does it all for us, cutting watermelon, bread, meat, veggies, and opening packages. When it starts to dull I use the side of my granite counter top and sharpen it up. Next year when we pack up to leave the knife blade will probably be worn off, but the Keltgen Seed Company symbol on the side will not. It makes me think of the saying "Legends Never Die."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment