A sore subject in our apartment this fall has been "Where is Jodi's Financial Management book?" I originally ordered the book in August through Barnes and Noble USD book store for my class that started at the beginning of September. Way to be proactive Jodi! I allowed over a month for the book to arrive. Finally, after several phone calls and emails with Barnes and Noble they admitted it would be best to cancel the order and get a refund. They couldn't deliver! I appreciated the straight forward honest South Dakotan answer and then went to Amazon and ordered the book on September 6th with expedited shipping. I thought two weeks and the book should arrive with expedited shipping. I was able to get the first three months from the publisher via email after explaining my situation. Well, the school year went on and push came to shove and I called Amazon trying to get an answer on where my book was and when it would arrive. "Sorry mam we don't have a tracking number on your order. We don't know when it will arrive. If it hasn't arrived by October 5th then please call us back." The semester is half over and I don't have a book. I finally had to break down and buy the electronic version of the book and download Kindle PC to read it. A week later on October 9th my book finally arrived. The picture shows the beat up box after wondering from the US to India for over a month. This is the exact reason why sending mail is not advised. I now have an electronic version and the printed version of the book in India. I can't handle the frustration of trying to send the print version back to the U.S. so I have decided to keep it. I have 6 weeks of school left and then I am finished with my 4 graduate class program that I set out to conquer while living in India. Needless to say I now own the most expensive textbook I have ever purchased due to the failed attempts and additional shipping charges. Yes, it is still a sore subject, but I am seeking therapy.
We tackled 18 months in India and now after surviving "Life on the Other Side" we have relocated to Germany for a more civilized approach at married life. We don't know where the wind will take us, but we know we have each other and another wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore new cities.
Search the Web
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Late Arrival
A sore subject in our apartment this fall has been "Where is Jodi's Financial Management book?" I originally ordered the book in August through Barnes and Noble USD book store for my class that started at the beginning of September. Way to be proactive Jodi! I allowed over a month for the book to arrive. Finally, after several phone calls and emails with Barnes and Noble they admitted it would be best to cancel the order and get a refund. They couldn't deliver! I appreciated the straight forward honest South Dakotan answer and then went to Amazon and ordered the book on September 6th with expedited shipping. I thought two weeks and the book should arrive with expedited shipping. I was able to get the first three months from the publisher via email after explaining my situation. Well, the school year went on and push came to shove and I called Amazon trying to get an answer on where my book was and when it would arrive. "Sorry mam we don't have a tracking number on your order. We don't know when it will arrive. If it hasn't arrived by October 5th then please call us back." The semester is half over and I don't have a book. I finally had to break down and buy the electronic version of the book and download Kindle PC to read it. A week later on October 9th my book finally arrived. The picture shows the beat up box after wondering from the US to India for over a month. This is the exact reason why sending mail is not advised. I now have an electronic version and the printed version of the book in India. I can't handle the frustration of trying to send the print version back to the U.S. so I have decided to keep it. I have 6 weeks of school left and then I am finished with my 4 graduate class program that I set out to conquer while living in India. Needless to say I now own the most expensive textbook I have ever purchased due to the failed attempts and additional shipping charges. Yes, it is still a sore subject, but I am seeking therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment