I just finished reading Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. When I lived in Cincinnati I checked out books on tape/CD from the local library and would listen to a book a week. Sophie Kinsella was always one of my favorite authors. I listened to Confessions of a Shopaholic, Babyaholic, Remember Me, Can you keep a secret?, and many more of her writings. I think the English accent was what always intrigued me. I found the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" to be quite entertaining and true to the book so when the book Mini Shopaholic came out it was immediately on my reading list.
The book continues to tell the story of Becky Bloomwood Brandon and her addiction to shopping, but now Becky has a daughter. I found the book very humorous as Becky goes to great lengths to hide her addiction. It is a fun, quick, and entertaining read that will boost your spirits. I have decided to stop reading regional favorites, such as White Tiger & 3 Cups of Tea, until I am out of India. I find that emotionally it is too much. If anyone has any fun, light hearted, and quick reads to suggest please send them my way. Next on my reading list is Gandhi's Autobiography "The Story of My Experiments with Truth." It is my last attempt to pay respects to India and continue to try and figure out this complex country that we live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment