Search the Web

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Pupils


The past five months I have been teaching English to Korean students and loving it. This is just one more crazy thing that I never thought I would do in life. Lately I have been teaching five days a week for 1-3 hours a day. My most challenging and yet very rewarding class is my little ones. I have four little Korean students aged 6, 7, 7, & 8. They are absolute fireballs, but a real joy to work with...most days.

In Korea they count their age as one year in the womb and the days on earth. Therefore, when I asked them the first time how old they were they said here in India or in Korea. They are 7 in Korea, but 6 in India. I was so confused I had a chat with their moms after class and sure enough even though they only spend 9 months in the womb they celebrate their first birthday at birth. Anyways, here are pictures of me teaching the little ones. In addition to this class three times a week I also work with several teenage girls and one 40 something man who is a VP of a Korean company. The question is what will I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment