Search the Web

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Team Stabe started the new year off in the traditional German way by enjoying an evening meal with friends, shooting off fireworks at midnight, and raising a glass of champagne and saying "Frohes Neues Jahr!" (Happy New Year) A very relaxing evening with our friends Benedikt & Gabi and their 3 children. Jodi got to be the newest experiment for the three kids and their play make up set. By midnight my face was covered in pink and blue eye shadow with dots of white beauty cream. The tiara on my head really made me feel like a princess as we rang in the new year. HA! Ben said I had never looked better and that I really had a glow about me. It was a really fun evening watching the movie Dumbo in German and playing legos with the kids.

New Years Day we also followed tradition and ate lunch with Oma (grandma) and Opa (grandpa) Stabe, which consisted of the traditional sauerkraut. The more kraut a person eats the more money they have in the new year. I had two helpings after grandma made me, so I think I am set for 2011.

Tonight Ben is in the air on his way back to India for 11 days of work. He returns the end of next week and then we will go to northern Germany to see our new rental home. A very exciting time for us! We wish everyone a Happy New Year and good health in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment