




My mom flew over from the U.S. last week for a quick visit and after 9 months we finally got to catch up in person verses talking over Skype. It was wonderful to have my mom around and I think the highlight was definitely seeing the tulip fields near Amsterdam. We just missed the full season, but I can tell you right now that I have already scheduled a trip for next April to see everything in bloom. Absolutely breathtaking colors!
We visited the zoo, grilled out, ate Alaskan salmon by the Dümmer See, checked out all of the local grocery stores & gelato stands, shopped downtown Osnabrück, and enjoyed 4 pm coffee & cake. It was a low-key trip that allowed her to see our new life in Germany. I'm so proud & thankful that she came to visit us all alone. I obviously get my independent and adventurous spirit from her. No offense dad! Thankfully she made it home safely and is now enjoying her normal schedule once again. I miss her already!
No comments:
Post a Comment