Search the Web

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Month 3 Week 2


First, a big Happy 60th Birthday (yesterday)to Keith Walter!
Second, a big Happy Father's Day to my dad Keith! I love you Dad!
Third, a recap of month 3 living in Germany.
Finally, a recap of week 2 at ZF.

Life is good! Ben and I are both getting more and more comfortable in our surroundings and life is definitely getting easier for us. We have a solid routine and schedule to our life and we have been continuing to live life to the fullest. Month 3 brought lots of travel for Ben as he was visiting several German cities for work and a bachelor party. We had several visitors, helped & attended a beautiful wedding in Simmern, and drove over to eastern Germany for Church Days. The past 6 weekends have been fully booked and as the summer progresses I'm hoping to find more time to go for long bike rides on weekends, putter around the house & garden, and just relax and enjoy living instead of always being on the go.

Month 3 brought the start of work and despite an exhausting start, week 2 proved to be worlds better than week 1. I'm hoping that each week things get a little bit easier. My co-workers are friendly and I think everything is going well despite a few language barrier issues. My goals for the next month are to try and make one friend and to get more physically active. The house is in order, work will fall into place, my fear of driving is gone, and now I just need to find a hobby to balance my life. Our neighbors are absolutely wonderful and a true delight to be around. I feel that the female neighbor ladies will help me with any questions that I have about children, cooking, and where to find things in Niedersachsen. It is a good feeling to have female support! I truly need that right now.

***The picture is Ben in Dresden at Church Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment