We tackled 18 months in India and now after surviving "Life on the Other Side" we have relocated to Germany for a more civilized approach at married life. We don't know where the wind will take us, but we know we have each other and another wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore new cities.
Search the Web
Friday, August 24, 2012
Disgusting Cigarette Vending Machines
One thing that continues to bug me about living in Germany is the street vending machines for cigarettes. I find them disgusting! Thankfully in 2007 they finally passed a law that you have to insert your driver's liscense to buy from the machines, however that still means anyone can buy. I see smoking in Germany as a HUGE problem. It shouldn't bother me because I don't smoke, but yet I find it gets on my nerves when I am at social events and can't get away from the second hand smoke. Obviously being pregnant I notice it now more than ever. Sometimes it feels as though everyone smokes, despite the fact that I know that isn't true. According to Wikipedia, "Germany has the largest number of cigarette vending machines per capita in the world: 800,000 per 82 million people."
SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_tobacco_consumption
The cigarette vending machines can be found all over our little town on the street corners and are accessible 24 hours a day. In this day in age with the research on smoking how can they not ban these machines?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment