Search the Web

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stranded

Shortly before Christmas we visited the US Consulate in Bremen to file the paperwork to report Ella's birth abroad. It is something that is required within the first year of her life. She is officially an American now after the paperwork was filed. In addition to reporting her birth we also applied for a passport and social security card for her. All of her paperwork is now complete. Thanks to a lovely American woman who grew up in Seattle and went to college at Concordia in Moorhead, MN the filing of paperwork was a breeze. GO COBBERS! As for me, I am currently stranded in the EU due to my passport being cancelled. It was my choice to apply for a new passport, however in the process I had to watch them punch holes in my old one. It was full and had no more room for stamps/visas. This type of situation does not happen often and if I truly needed my passport at the moment I could quickly get a new one. As I await my new passport, which should be coming anyday now, I can't help but be reminded that I am truly stuck. It is not a feeling that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment