

We had two lovely weeks of fall weather and now it has turned cool and rainy. Over the weekend we had the worst fall storm in over 40 years with strong winds and rain. Being a South Dakota farm girl I thought there was a tornado coming down. I didn't take Ella to the basement, but I was a bit concerned she was napping upstairs. Thankfully we all survived and no trees fell on our rental home.
The most exciting part of October has been watching Ella walk. She has been pulling herself up and shuffling along furniture for a few months now, but hadn't taken a true first step. Then in a matter of two weeks she went from 3-4 shuffles to walking from one room to the next. Saturday we purchased her first pair of shoes. I now look forward to being able to go shoe shopping with my daughter. It's nice to have a little shopping buddy. At almost 14 months Ella now says "up" and "apple." Every animal that she sees she says bow wow and I instruct her that a cat says meow and not wow wow. Needless to say she is a dog lover.
Our weeks are filled with play groups, play dates, baby swim, stroller rides, grocery shopping trips, and going to the park. Thankfully we have met a delightful young mother who lives just around the corner. Her son is a few weeks older than Ella, but the kids seem to get along. At this age is a bit early to truly play together. It has only taken me 2.5 years to meet someone who has similar interests, but with Ella's help I found a friend.
I guess you could say my hobby is drinking coffee. All mothers of young children would agree that it is a truly exhausting job. I was prepared for feeding and diapering a kid, but I didn't think about getting down on my hands and knees and mopping the floor after each meal or the physical wear and tear that a little kid has on a mom. Yesterday I got a head to my chin which almost made me bite my tongue and then I got a forehead to the collar bone which also rattled me. I'm covered in black and blue marks just like Ella and feel as though I truly need to train and get in shape before a second child enters the world. The real sad fact is that I am only caring for one child. Therefore, I have no room to complain. What do the mothers of 2-5 kids do? Please contunue to read my blog and by 2020 all these mysteries will be solved.
No comments:
Post a Comment