Search the Web

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We Got a Couch!

I am finding it is the little things in life that really make the difference. Since we are long term we asked if we could get a couch in our apt. instead of two arm chairs and bam...two men carried a couch up the steps. We now have a used couch, but atleast we can sit and watch a movie together now.
Yesterday, they finally got the safe in the apt. working so we are pretty much up to speed now. I need to have a chat with the cleaning staff about the pink toilet paper that they gave us in the bathroom, but other than that the homestead is looking good.

Saturday on our way back from the Taj I forgot to blog an important moment in our Indian Adventure. We saw our first traffic injury. The driving is CRAZY down here and they don't yield or slow down for pedestrians. However, there are constantly people crossing the street right by trucks, in between cars, etc. Well, Saturday evening a man ran right infront of a truck and then we saw him fly like a deer off a pick up. His bags went flying and we came to a hault before running him over. 6 men ran out in the road and helped him up. I'm guessing a broken leg or hip as the front end of the truck nailed him. It was completely his fault as common sense says "Don't run infront of big trucks!" I read in the Indian Times about a young women getting crushed between two buses in Delhi the other day. You don't mess around with the traffic situation around here! Thank God we have a driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment