We tackled 18 months in India and now after surviving "Life on the Other Side" we have relocated to Germany for a more civilized approach at married life. We don't know where the wind will take us, but we know we have each other and another wonderful opportunity to meet new people and explore new cities.
Search the Web
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Flying Halfway
This morning (Saturday) at 11:30 am I landed safely in Delhi after arriving at the Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A. airport at 6:45 am Thursday morning. Sioux Falls, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dubai, and then India. It was two full days of travel (30+ hours) with a short seven hour rest in a hotel in Dubai due to a cancelled flight. The fog in Delhi has been so bad the past few weeks that there have been several problems with flight travel. I left Dubai at 7 am this morning and enjoyed the short 3 hour flight to Delhi. I savored two cheeseburgers & a large OJ at McDonolds at 5:30 am for breakfast in Dubai and knew it would be my last real beef for the next 4 months. I am very excited to be back in Delhi with my husband, but am going to need a few day to adjust to being back in India. Today we explored our new apartment complex, the new neighborhood, and took a walk to the local shops on MG Road. I've already dealt with begging children, donkeys, the construction crew in our apartment, and the fog. Tonight I will sleep well after a full couple of days. The weather is a comfortable 65-70 degrees so I can't complain. Thankfully we are both together and safe after flying halfway around the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jodi,
ReplyDeleteGreat blog.
I just started this travel blog for women and I'm collecting photos from women abroad. Submit a photo of yourself in India and some tips for other women travelers who are going there, and we'll link back to your blog.
Visit our blog: www.pinkpangea.wordpress.com and get in touch at: pinkpangea@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rachel