Search the Web

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Greetings from Cincinnati!

Oh the joy of being back in the 'Nati! My former home for the past five years has changed so much in only 4 months. New buildings, changes to the airport, friends with babies, and lots of memories from the past. They built a Chipotle near our old condo so it is good I got out of town, because I would have been a regular. It has been wonderful to catch up with old friends and be back in a really familiar place. I grew up for 18 years in South Dakota, but Cincinnati feels more familiar to me. I'm sure it will continue to change in the future, but right now it is really comforting to be here. I'm at Panera Bread taking advantage of free WiFi while I wait for my next gathering. Tomorrow I'm flying down to Fayettville to catch up with my cousin Jen. A really refreshing trip during what could have been pure frustration. The good news is that my visa/passport did finally arrive and is waiting for me in Sioux Falls, SD. I will be all set to fly back to my husband next Thursday. YEAH!

Breaking News from South Dakota: Captain 11 has passed away.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=95595

No comments:

Post a Comment