Search the Web

Monday, August 16, 2010

Indian Children




I took these pictures at the Happy School where I volunteer as I wanted to share with you the smiling faces. These kids really don't have much, but their happy. They have no clue to the big world out there and they are completely content eating rice everyday for lunch. The little girls were fascinated with my camera and I really had a tough time getting them to look in the lens. They obviously had not been photographed before. On the street I really hesitate pulling my camera out and taking pictures as one it draws more attention and two it is a sign of wealth and the beggars would come running. However, in the future I do hope to get more "real life" India pictures so that everyone can appreciate their life a bit more. In the meantime be thankful for a roof that doesn't leak and warm food on your table every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment