Today I completed my third of four online classes in the long term healthcare graduate certificate program that I am working on through the University of South Dakota. Administration of Long Term Care, Advanced Topics in Human Resource Management, and Strategic Planning in Healthcare are all completed. At the end of August I start Financial Management in Healthcare and by mid December I will be finished with the 4 course program.
What are you going to do with a graduate certificate in Long term care? Excellent question. During my five years selling meat at John Morrell I realized that maybe corporate America is not the right place for me. I have always enjoyed older people and interacting with them. I think it is due to all those crazy whist parties my parents had when I was a kid. Playing cards with the legends of Spink County Cecil Blume, Harvey Blume, Howard Harmening, Bernice Polak, Eleanor Frankenstein, and Velda Schroeder taught me how to communicate. I started researching Healthcare Administration as a career and was not sure if I wanted to dive into a full masters program, but found these four classes to be very interesting and exactly what I was looking for to gain additional knowledge in long term care (assisted living, home health, nursing home, etc.). These four courses also happened to fit perfectly into our 18 month timeframe in India. If anyone has any questions on Medicare, Medicaid, organizing your companies strategic plan, or which long term care setting is best for your loved one just send me an email.
No comments:
Post a Comment