Search the Web

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sus Riakal (GOODBYE) India

Sus Riakal is Hindi for goodbye according to answers.com. Today is officially our last day in India. My mood is very relaxed & reflective as I think back to how many days I have dreamed for this day to come and now it is here. On the other side of the spectrum is Ben who is so excited that he didn't sleep all night. He had his bags packed at 6 am this morning and was commenting that we could still make the Munich flight if we left the hotel right then and there. I guess 7 years away from his home country has lead him to this excitement. I'm not letting myself get excited until the plane is in the air tonight. We still have 17 hours for the Indian government to stop us for paperwork or for the flight to be cancelled. I hate to think negatively or pessimistically, but if I let myself get too excited and then we don't fly I don't think I could handle the meltdown.

I have another full day planned in India so that the day doesn't drag. 10 am I have good-bye coffee with my two good Japanese friends, 1 pm pedicure and hair treatment (a Debby & Jodi tradition), dinner with Ben's co-workers tonight, drinks with friends after that and then finally around midnight we will head to the airport so we can sit and wait three hours to leave. There is a 93% chance that the flight will be delayed so more than likely it will be around 4:30 am before we actually leave India. However, Ben and I will be using our end of India motto, "WHO CARES...WE ARE LEAVING!"

Happy St. Patrick's Day to our American friends who are reading the blog. Unfortunately there are not a lot of Irish folks in India who are celebrating this wonderful holiday. My mind wonders to the wonderful times we spent in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day. Congratulations to a special friend in Chicago who is finishing her MBA today!

So, as my final blog from India I say thank you for reading and for all of your love and support. I do plan to continue blogging in Germany for at least a few months if not longer. Now in my beautiful singing voice I would like everyone to join me in singing, "Leaving on a jet plane...don't know when (or if) I'll be back again."

No comments:

Post a Comment