Last week I put over 100 km=62 miles on my bike. I absolutely love being able to get outdoors and be independent. My biggest hold up with India was my lack of transportation. I ride my bike to school every morning in the neighboring town that is 5 km down the road. It takes me 15 minutes and the bike path is smooth and flat. There is nothing better than getting your daily workout into your commute rather than forcing yourself to go to a gym and walk/run on a treadmill. We are so much more active in Germany than we were in India. Sunday we spent 4 hours biking through the forest looking for geocaches (www.geocaching.com). It was an absolutely wonderful day!
This week I have Easter break from school so I'm tackling more house projects. I'm going to start meeting with a young woman a few times a week just to focus on my German speaking skills. She is a college student who has the time and interest so I think it will be a very positive addition to my schedule. I'm actually really excited about it! She lives about 30 minutes away so I will take the train to meet up with her. However, first I will bike 5 km to the neighbor town, then board the train, and meet her as our little town doesn't have a train connection.
The beautiful picture is of our cherry blossom tree in front of our house. It is currently blooming pink on the bottom and white on top. It's a half and half I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment