Search the Web

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring has Sprung...Again!



We experienced spring in India, but it did not involve the blooming of trees and grass turning green. Spring in India is simply when the temperature changes from cold to really warm in a matter of one week. It had been warm there from February up until the time we left in March. The past month in Germany it has been cold, windy, rainy, and the temperatures have been slowly climbing. It is true spring weather as the trees are budding and everything is coming to life. It is a wonderful time of year and reminds me of the large Easter egg hunts I used to have as a kid with my Chamberlain cousins. Is one ever too old to hide Easter eggs?

Monday I started German language school and quickly learned that I was the odd man out. 8 students from Kazakhstan, 1 student from Russia, and me the lone American to fend for herself. Attending German language school only to discover that she gets to listen to Russian all day has not been enjoyable, but surpringly enough I'm still managing to learn a bit of German grammar. I go Monday-Friday 8:15-12:30 pm for four weeks and then if things are going ok I will take another four week class and a test to prove my language skills. Thankfully by July I will be done with learning German in a school setting and hopefully be able to put my knowledge to use in a work setting. One more step in the transition from the U.S. to India to Germany!

1 comment:

  1. Hello -

    As an Indian who was in the US for a fairly long time, and who now moved with her German husband to Munich, I am enjoying reading your blog. Good luck with the move!

    http://hereismuenchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete