Can you guess what they bring?
Our front doorstep at 6:15 AM.
Our bundle of goods! Yes, fresh baked brötchen (hard rolls) delivered to our doorstep. We no longer buy bread and watch it go to waste, but have fresh bread delivered. I am turning into a real German as I smear my brötchen with margarine and add a piece of salmon for breakfast. I remember the first time I had hard rolls for breakfast with Ben at his parent's house in December of 2006. My first impression was not a good one as most Americans find them tough and untoastable. However, over time a person really enjoys them with fish, meat & cheese, Nutella, Marmalade & Quark (kind of like sugarless yogurt) or with a hard boiled egg. Now I don't know life without them.
My fresh "normal brötchen" with fresh salmon. In the background is my 7 grain hard roll that I spread fresh Stabe honey on and pack for my 9-9:15 AM breakfast break at work. Ben's dad has several bee houses and produces his own honey. I am growing to enjoy it too! What's next?
Jealous!!!
ReplyDelete