Search the Web

Monday, November 22, 2010

Murse



A murse is a male purse or a man bag. I first noticed a lot of men in Lyon, France carrying man bags this summer. Knowing how big the French are in their fashion I didn't think too much of it. However, our visit to Hong Kong also solidified the murse fashion trend. While in Hong Kong for the first time in our married life I asked Ben to hold my purse while I tackled H & M. He proudly sported it and since then I've been joking about getting him a murse for Christmas. I did a little research and here is what I found.

The Man Bag?
The conventional definition of a man bag is a multi – functional and stylish bag with one strap. Usually a man bag is worn by fashionista men. Many people consider a man bag to be simply a purse worn by a man. However these days, a man bag is far more than just a purse. Man bags can fall under different categories. There used to be one main criteria – sleek and stylish. But might not be true any more.

What to look for when buying a man bag?

Let’s face it, function plays an important part when choosing a man bag, but maybe even more important is style. That means no crazy designs, patterns, or outlandish colors like pink. I mean come on, if it doesn’t go well with your jeans, shoes, blazer or cool shirt, who cares how functional it is?

Back to function: Although a man bag should not look like a purse, it should serve a similar function. Some can even take care of your travel needs. In order to accomplish this, men need to be on the lookout for bags with the following characteristics:

» Material- leather or nylon. This depends on your needs and the season. There seems to be a lot of debate as to which is better. Some prefer leather for its strength and versatility while others lean toward nylon for its lightweight and sleekness.

1 comment:

  1. Think your Dad would love one! Friends from MN

    ReplyDelete