Search the Web

Friday, February 10, 2012

American Imports

I often wonder what the security people in customs think when they search my luggage coming back from the U.S. I'm positive that I can't be the only American who flys with 5 lb. of Hershey's Chocolate Chips, pistachio jello, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, liquid vanilla, liquid smoke, and canned pumpkin. One would think that chocolate chips are an international necessity, however that is not the case in Germany. The good stuff simply has to be flown over by hand. No exceptions! This year I even planned ahead for Thanksgiving by buying 2 cans of pumpkin, just in case I don't make it back before then. As you can see in the below picture it is quite the assortment of goods. After living 9 months without spray oil I broke down at Walmart and brought a can back with me. It makes such a difference when scrubbing difficult pans.



These are just a quarter of the items that Ben and I loaded up on before flying back to Germany. The box of Lucky Charms and my favorite Maxwell House French Vanilla cappuccino mix are already gone. The funny thing is that if I picked up and moved out of Germany right now I am sure there are things that I would buy to take with me. For example, Haribo gummies, Kaba vanilla milk drink mix, Winterzeit Tea, Salad dressing packets, and Maggi Spaghetti Bolognese seasoning mix. Every country has something to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment