Can you guess what is 5 1/2 inches long, weighs 7 ounces, and is currently in the process of doubling in size in just 4 weeks time? If you guessed our baby, Peanut, then you are correct. Yes, we are having a baby in just 154 days! Our due date is September 11th, 2012. The pregnancy has been going very smoothly thus far and we are both excited for our next April 23rd ultrasound to see how much Peanut has grown. Today I am at 18 weeks and patiently waiting to feel that first strong kick. We have 2 weeks until the halfway mark and the time when the doctor says I should be able to feel something.
In the last two weeks my desire for milk products and food in general has greatly increased. If there was a milk drinking contest I think I would enter and take first prize. Peanut is in the process of doubling in size and my belly is also growing. Now in month 4 it is starting to become obvious that I am pregnant and not just overweight. My coworkers now comment on my expanding belly and in a way it has been a great way to connect. I have coworkers coming up and talking to me that I haven't exchanged more than five words with since I started in June. Very cool!
My wonderful husband has been very patient with me as I experience body changes, weight gain, and increased number of bathroom breaks. He is super excited to become a father and is also patiently awaiting the time when he can put his hand on my stomach and feel something.
It has been really fun to read about each new phase of the pregnancy. The entire process is truly amazing. If you click on the title "18 Weeks" you will be redirected to Baby Center's web page describing the 18 week of pregnancy and where Peanut is currently at in development. We have decided not to find out the gender of the baby and somehow started calling the baby Peanut very early on. Now it is just fun to have a name to reference the baby as we don't know if it is a boy or girl. Our motto is "we will take what we get."
No comments:
Post a Comment